The following took place in 40 ACB.
- George Cypher is killed by Darken Rahl,
- The boundary between Westland and the Midlands fails.
- Richard Cypher becomes the Seeker of Truth and begins a quest to defeat Darken Rahl. He is joined by First Wizard Zorander and Mother Confessor Kahlan Amnell.
- Darken Rahl is defeated and consumed by the power of Orden.
- The opening of a box of Orden causes a tear in the veil and the Stone of Tears enters the world of life.
- Richard Cypher learns he is Rahl's son and the heir to the throne of D'Hara.
- Rahl's spirit escapes through the tear and begins the process of freeing the Keeper from the underworld.
- Richard Cypher is located by the Sisters searching for him, and accompanies Verna to the Palace of the Prophets at the insistence of Kahlan Amnell.
- Kahlan Amnell declares war on the Imperial Order after the massacre of Ebinissia.
- Second D'Haran War
- Siege of Ebinissia
- Confessor Assassinations
- Attack on the Mud People's village
- Capture of Aydindril
- Massacre of Horners Mill
- Imperial Order War
- In Hartland
- During the attack on the Mud People's village
- Many Mud People
- During the massacre of Horners Mill
- All residents
- At Tamarang
- At the People's Palace
- At the Mud People's village
15 ACB 20 ACB 39 ACB - 40 ACB - 41 ACB 42 ACB 43 ACB
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.